John Bisanz, Jr.
“Clients can count on me to bring focus and persistence to solving problems. I strive to immediately discern their goals and interests, honestly communicate the strengths and risks of the case, and focus tenaciously on prevailing for them.”
As a litigator, I value my clients above all else, and that’s why they value me.
The litigation process can be quite contentious, and often involves complex legal and business issues regarding a wide variety of disputes. Whether you are the plaintiff or defendant in your case, it is my responsibility to counsel you throughout the process, and use all of the tools at my disposal to successfully prosecute or defend the matter.
You can trust me for sophisticated, expeditious counsel and know that I will:
- fully listen to understand your needs and concerns;
- quickly distill what is important from the universe of facts in the dispute; and
- zealously advocate for you to the judge or jury.
I enjoy the challenge of the fight. I will make your cause my issue and be your champion as well as your trusted advisor. You can expect honesty, reliability, and results.
“John exudes confidence without arrogance. He is calm and reassuring throughout contentious litigation.”
“He goes all in…he’s an unstoppable force.”
“John is engaging, open, hardworking, and intelligent. His charismatic, gregarious personality is infectious.”
“If he says he’ll do something, you can count on it—his words matter.”
- Achieved the dismissal of nine of the eleven claims asserted against the owners of a new automotive parts business in a dispute with their former employer. The lawsuit included claims of breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, civil conspiracy, unjust enrichment, and violations of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.
- Represented a former state official in his defamation lawsuit against the author of a book, resulting in a $1.8 million jury verdict.
- Successfully obtained summary judgment dismissing nine of ten claims asserted against a transportation and logistics business in a complicated employment dispute with its former executive. The lawsuit involved claims of wrongful termination, breach of contract, promissory estoppel, tortious interference, defamation, and unpaid wages.
- Prevailed on the appeal of an erroneous summary judgment order due to the trial court’s misapplication of the probate code in a dispute over claims against a decedent’s estate.
- Obtained permanent injunction and substantial monetary awards in representation of a national heavy duty truck dealership in enforcing its non-compete agreements with former executives.
- Secured a favorable settlement for a financial advisor in a dispute over the sale of his practice. The lawsuit involved claims of tortious interference, age discrimination under the Minnesota Human Rights Act, unjust enrichment, and unpaid wages.
- Represented food company in a lawsuit against an insurance company over improper acquisition of appropriate insurance coverage.
- Defended multiple individuals against fraudulent transfer (clawback) claims in the Bernard L. Madoff and Thomas J. Petters “Ponzi Scheme” bankruptcy cases.
- Ongoing defense of global leader in hearing aid manufacturing against current and former employees asserting claims for unpaid overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- J.D., University of St. Thomas Law School, 2008
- B.S., University of Notre Dame, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- Selected to Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2012-2017
- Recognized by Minnesota Lawyer, Attorneys of the Year, 2014
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Volunteer, American Cancer Society