Job Opportunity for Accounting Clerk
April 5, 2018
Henson Efron, a busy downtown Minneapolis law firm, has an opening for a part-time, non-exempt Accounting Clerk. This is a 25 hour/week job, preferably 5 hours/day M-F with the possibility of some flexibility for the right candidate. The Accounting Clerk will report to the Accounting Manager and support certain accounting functions.
Duties include: accounts payable, assisting with daily cash receipts, processing credit card transactions and monthly reconciliation. Vendor 1099 management, support for monthly billing and tasks associated with electronic billing for certain clients. Client data entry and miscellaneous accounting tasks.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
- Experience using accounting software in an office environment.
- Solid grammar, punctuation, proofreading and overall written communication skills.
- Exemplary telephone etiquette and customer service skills.
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic including dependability, respect and accountability as well as proven attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure with any and all attorney-imposed and/or external deadlines, as well manage multiple priorities and conflicting requests.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Associates or higher Degree in Accounting required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an office environment. Law or professional services firm experience a plus.
To be considered for this position, submit both a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.