We believe that providing the best possible client service starts within our office walls. Central to our commitment to excellence is the firm’s pledge to offer each and every client a core team of lawyers and staff to service their needs. This approach ensures that each matter receives the collective expertise of the team, and timely and responsive service. Henson Efron has been named one of the Top 175 Workplaces in Minnesota by the Star Tribune. Top Workplaces recognizes the most progressive companies in Minnesota based on employee opinions measuring engagement, organizational health and satisfaction.
Additionally, Henson Efron fosters an environment that values continuing professional development and education in all areas of law that are critical to its client’s success. The firm encourages active volunteerism in the community through its support of attorneys volunteering on boards or supporting charitable organizations.
We welcome the opportunity to review the qualifications of interested candidates. For attorneys and law students, please send your resume to John Bisanz. For staff, please send your resume to Jessica Johnson.
Henson Efron is an equal opportunity employer.
LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Henson & Efron is a medium size law firm in the Twin Cities – we are a family of smart, hard-working professionals dedicated to making a difference. We believe that providing the best possible client service starts within our office walls by hiring the right people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of legal documents/correspondence.
• Transcribes dictation as required by attorney.
• Processing legal documents including filing in both the federal and state system.
• Schedule meetings, depositions, court hearings and make travel arrangements.
• Manage multiple calendars including docketing of court deadlines.
• Client contact, contact with opposing counsel, witnesses and court personnel.
• Index and profile files and documents, as needed.
• Scanning and photocopying.
• Enter, review and edit attorney time sheets before submission to accounting.
• Open, review and direct mail to appropriate attorney.
• Catering support for attorney and/or firm sponsored meetings.
• Provide backup legal administrative assistance, as needed, to ensure overall team success.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Experience with Electronic Case Filings (ECF), both state and federal required.
• Experience with SurePoint, or other comparable time and billing software preferred.
• Experience with NetDocuments or other comparable document management systems preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Adobe Pro experience preferred.
• Strong typing skills (both speed and accuracy).
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
• Professional demeanor, strong work ethic including dependability, respect and accountability as well as proven attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure with any and all attorney-imposed and/or external deadlines as well as manage multiple priorities and conflicting requests.
• Ability and affinity for adapting to various personalities and work styles and the ability to successfully produce in that environment.
• Ability to work independently, as well as in a team.
Education and Experience
• Minimum of eight (8) years of previous legal administrative assistant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to work overtime on occasion, if needed, to meet position responsibilities and deadlines.
• Ability to work between core office hours of 8:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday – Friday.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, occasionally move, reach, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs and occasionally up to 50 lbs.