We have come a long way in 42 years, so take a quick walk through our history.
1958: Founding member Stanley Efron completes his military service and joins Bob Rice to form the law firm of Rice and Efron, later known as Efron & Kittler, a three-person firm with a principal focus in the corporate and tax law areas.
1967: Founding member Bob Henson leaves Gray Plant Mooty law firm and joins Duke Tully to form Henson & Tully, a seven-person firm with a primary emphasis on litigation.
1976: Henson Efron is officially founded. The November 1 merger combines Henson & Tully and Efron & Kittler, forming a new law firm with significantly expanded expertise and capabilities to provide clients with superior service. The firm’s first office is at 1200 Title Insurance Building in downtown Minneapolis; Joseph Dixon serves as managing partner.
2002: After years of growth, Henson Efron expands its office space to the 18th and 19th floors of the U.S. Bank Plaza Building in Minneapolis.
2008: In the firm’s third decade, Clark Opdahl takes over as managing partner. The firm continues to focus on delivering smart solutions in its six practice areas: family law; estate, trust and probate; business law; tax; litigation; and real estate.
2018: Today, as an award-winning, nationally-recognized law firm, Henson Efron has a proven reputation for excellence in all six practice areas. Now comprising more than 30 attorneys and 7 paralegals, the firm also continues its respected record of community involvement.