Sarvesh DesaiAttorney, Associate
"I believe in serving clients efficiently to ensure they receive practical advice and sound solutions to their concerns. I’m not afraid to identify and address potential roadblocks – as well as point out new opportunities. Clients count on me as a trusted advisor on all legal and business matters."
I appreciate a collaborative environment where we work together to achieve a common goal. The team approach at Henson Efron allows us to maximize our potential and effectively serve our clients. I like to dig deep to ensure mutual understanding of the true issues. When the crux of the issue is clear, we are most efficient in providing relevant solutions to meet our clients’ objectives.
I have a broad spectrum of experience working with companies: small and large, local and international, start-ups and established entities. I am well-versed and able to deal with the legal issues surrounding mergers and acquisitions, contracting, intellectual property, and licensing, among other things. Prior to law school, I worked as an engineer in a pharmaceutical company’s manufacturing plant. That experience has helped me better relate to my clients’ legal and business needs.
As part of the Business Law Practice group at Henson Efron, I focus on the following areas:
- mergers and acquisitions
- intellectual property
- entity formation and organization
My greatest strength is my analytical approach. I truly enjoy taking things apart and putting them back together to restore order. By asking a lot of questions, I can better understand the context within the big picture and deliver effective solutions for my clients. In many ways, my engineering background serves me well in business law. I know how to go beyond the surface, look at the data, assess obstacles and determine the best path forward.
“Sarvesh is calm, inquisitive, diligent and warm.”
“Sarvesh is a strong client advocate with a steady and assured demeanor that inspires confidence.”
“He is a great team player and communicator, who is adept at connecting with people and solving problems.”
“Sarvesh brings integrity and intelligence to every conversation.”
“You can count on Sarvesh to take a firm stance on matters of importance and bridge the gap among different points of view.”
“I believe Sarvesh is better informed, better prepared, more resourceful and more responsive than most people. His focus and follow-through are superb.”
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 2014 Concentration in business law, intellectual property and technology law
- B.S., Bioengineering, University of Illinois (Chicago), 2006
- DLA Piper (Minneapolis), Corporate Associate 2016-2019
- Dorsey & Whitney, (Minneapolis), Corporate Associate, 2014-2016
- UnitedHealth Group, (Minnetonka), Summer Legal Intern, 2012
- Baxter Healthcare (Illinois), Senior Engineer, 2006-2011
- Recognized in the 2021 Edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- 2020 Up & Coming Attorney Honoree, Minnesota Lawyer, 2020
- North Star Lawyer, Honored by Minnesota State Bar Association for commitment to pro bono service, 2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association
- Juvenile Justice Advocates International, Board Member
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association, Student Engagement Committee
- Conversational in Hindi and Guajarati, with a working knowledge of Spanish
- Enjoy basketball, travel and time with family