“Litigation should be a creative process. An effective trial lawyer needs to be highly creative and draw from facts, documents, witnesses, and the lawyer's imagination to tell the most compelling story possible.”
With more than 30 years of experience, I exercise sound judgment to constructively and effectively help both businesses and individuals with a wide variety of business, employment, and other disputes.
I have a broad spectrum of litigation and business experience. This wealth of knowledge helps me strategically analyze problems, evaluate options, and counsel clients on the best course of action.
I represent shareholders, partners, and companies in business disputes involving:
- business governance,
- minority shareholder issues,
- derivative actions, and
- fiduciary duty issues.
I regularly counsel employers and employees on employment matters, and handle litigation involving:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA),
- compensation, and
- various employment disputes.
I have served as trial counsel or lead attorney in many cases, including class action litigation. I have successfully prosecuted and defended securities fraud claims involving accounting firms, underwriters, issuers, officers, and directors. In addition, I have represented both brokers and investors in customer disputes.
Thoughtful and practical, I am straightforward with clients from the start. I will engage you in the process to provide input and make decisions. Relying on common sense and good judgment, I will work diligently to solve your problems and achieve the best outcome.
- J.D., Drake University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., Drake University, 1973
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers® 2006–2018
- Order of the Coif
- Associate Editor, Drake University Law Review
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Honorable Harry H. MacLaughlin, United States District Judge, District of Minnesota, 1978–1980
- Served on Henson Efron’s Executive Management Committee, 2010–2016
- Co-Presenter, 2003 Henson Efron Seminar Series, co-sponsored by ADP and US Bank, “Accountant Liability Issues”