Jeffrey (Jeff) SheaAttorney
"Not only am I committed to providing high quality legal services, I am also pragmatic and collaborative in my approach. I enjoy assisting clients with legal matters and supporting their business vision and strategies."
I am passionate about representing my clients in an approachable manner. I strive to address their concerns with a balance of strong business and analytical skills, coupled with energy, integrity – and a sense of humor.
I have more than 30 years of experience in all types of real estate transactions from small businesses to large commercial properties. I have worked on behalf of sellers and buyers, landlords and tenants. This broad perspective gives me a deep understanding of all sides of the real estate transaction. I am committed to a fair and balanced approach that achieves my clients’ goals and ensures a win-win for all.
As part of the Business Law Practice group at Henson Efron, I concentrate on a wide variety of real estate transactions and issues including:
- purchase and sale agreements
- lease agreements
- landlord and tenant disputes
- mergers and acquisitions
- retail and commercial development
By nature, I am quick-witted and engaging, which I believe helps put people at ease. In every interaction with clients and colleagues, I am open, honest and transparent, asking questions and providing clear answers in an understandable way in writing or in person. In negotiations, I strive to treat both sides with respect, while focusing on my clients’ goals.
I believe my greatest strength is my willingness to learn. I have amassed knowledge in my 30-year career but am always learning new things. As I apply my years of experience on behalf of my clients, I keep an open mind to new ideas and creative solutions.
“I have learned a lot about real estate law from Jeff. I appreciate how he respects my opinion and point of view.”
“Jeff has a unique combination of excellent business sense, along with legal knowledge and skills.”
“Jeff puts people at ease and establishes trust quickly. He is an excellent conversationalist and counselor, with the ability to get to the heart of the matter quickly.”
“He is one of my favorite business partners with a practical approach to problem solving.”
“I’ve known Jeff for nearly 40 years. His enthusiasm and respect for others is both humbling and inspiring.”
“Working with Jeff has always been a fun and positive experience, regardless of the complexity of the legal issues.”
- J.D., Vanderbilt University School of Law (Nashville, TN), 1989 Associate Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- B.S.B. in Management with emphasis in Finance, University of Minnesota, 1985
- Monroe Moxness Berg (Minneapolis, MN), Partner, Commercial Real Estate Group, 2017-2019
- U.S. Bank (Minneapolis, MN), Senior Vice President/Associate General Counsel, 1998-2017
- Northwest Airlines (Eagan, MN), Director-Corporate Real Estate & Airport Affairs, 1993-1998
- Ice Miller Donadio & Ryan Law Firm (Indianapolis, IN), Real Estate Attorney, 1989-1992
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2021: Real Estate Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers Network
- MN Shopping Center Association, New member committee
- Camp Fire Minnesota, Board member
- Nativity County Fair, Steering Committee
- Hawaiian Ironman Triathlon finisher
- Former Vikings mascot
- Enjoys mountain biking, swimming and spending time with family
- Co-Author, "Rent Relief Options for Landlords During the Coronavirus Pandemic," Henson Efron Thought Leadership, April 2020