Henson Efron real estate attorneys from its Minneapolis law firm regularly represent both landlords and tenants in the negotiation and documentation of office, retail, warehouse, manufacturing and other space or facilities, both in Minnesota and elsewhere throughout the United States. As part of our services, we additionally help clients analyze the business economics, contract terms, and other legal or business considerations applicable to each transaction. Our real estate lawyers are experienced negotiators and take pride in their ability to clearly and effectively craft documentation necessary to help clients achieve the desired business outcomes. For tenants seeking to assign a lease or sublease of all or a portion of leased premises, we can help create the assignment and/or sublease documents required to achieve specific objectives, and undertake the necessary communications with the landlord in order to obtain its required consent.
Not infrequently, prior to the expiration of the lease term, a tenant may outgrow its existing space, or may suffer severe economic hardship, triggering a reassessment of the tenant’s existing or future space needs. We help tenants negotiate and document appropriate termination agreements enabling them to downsize or move operations to more suitable space, thus allowing the tenant’s business to grow and survive, and/or to ease increasing financial burdens.
We also work with our tenant clients to review and comment on estoppel certificates and lender subordination agreements in order to avoid traps for the unwary that can lead to unintended consequences.
- Lease Termination Agreements
- Estoppel Certificates
- Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements
- Leasehold Financing Documents
- Thought Leadership: Should I Buy or Lease a Space? Consider these X-Factors!
- Attorney News: Henson Efron Attorneys Selected In 2014 Minnesota Super Lawyers And Rising Stars Lists
- Attorney News: Timothy M. Walsh Joins Henson Efron as Senior Business Attorney
- Events/Seminars: Jennie A. Clarke and Mollie R. Anderson to Present “Real Estate & Landlord/Tenant Matters”