Henson Efron family law attorneys provide comprehensive representation for our clients in all aspects of divorce proceedings. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling cases at all levels of complexity, ranging from simple, stipulated agreements involving no children and very little property to large, complicated financial situations and/or difficult child custody and parenting time (visitation) disputes.
We are sensitive to the emotional issues that often accompany divorce cases, and we work with our clients to achieve the best possible legal results while also accommodating the non-legal, non-financial needs of our clients. We strive to achieve non-acrimonious settlement agreements for our clients whenever possible, but if a reasonable settlement agreement cannot be negotiated, we are prepared to vigorously advocate for our clients to whatever extent is necessary to achieve a positive result.
- Spousal Maintenance / Alimony
- Business and Property Valuation and Division
- Analysis of Tax Issues
- Analysis and Preservation of Nonmarital Interests
- Analysis of Executive Compensation
- Retirement Benefits Valuation and Division
- Child Custody
- Parenting Time / Visitation
- Child Support
- Separate Maintenance / Legal Separation
- Domestic Abuse Proceeding
 Divorce proceedings are often referred to as marriage dissolution proceedings and may also include legal separation processes for spousal maintenance only.
- Attorney News: Lisa Spencer Named 2020 Minneapolis Family Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Attorney News: Lisa Spencer Appointed Chair of the 4th District Bar Association’s Ethics Committee
- Attorney News: Lisa T. Spencer Named 2018 Minneapolis Family Law Lawyer of the Year
- Attorney News: Family Law attorney, Jaime Driggs, quoted in Minnesota Lawyer article