“We are dedicated to being trusted advocates who help clients effectively and efficiently navigate the family law process, which can be overwhelming and time-consuming.”
One of the key components to being an effective paralegal is reading your client and what works best for them during the divorce process, since every client and case is unique. My goal is to provide you with a road map of the case and to assist every step of the way.
With more than 20 years of experience as a paralegal, I primarily assist senior partner Alan Eidsness in the area of family law. I am routinely involved in dissolution of marriage cases with high net worth and complex financial issues, as well as child custody and parenting time disputes.
With invaluable mentors in my life who have encouraged and challenged me, I strive to work effectively and think creatively. I am driven to deliver the highest level of work, which demands:
- drafting a wide range of legal documents
- preparing and analyzing formal and informal discovery requests and responses
- calculating child support and spousal maintenance obligations
- creating and maintaining asset and liability schedules
- drafting and analyzing various financial documents
- working closely with clients in developing marital standard of living schedules and developing budgets based upon historical spending throughout the marriage
- preparing non-marital tracings of various assets, including real estate, retirement accounts, brokerage accounts, and bank accounts
- preparing for mediations, moderated settlement conferences, arbitrations, and motion hearings
- assisting with witness and trial preparation
- communicating with clients, courts, witnesses, experts, and opposing counsel
I enjoy daily one-on-one interaction with clients. Exceptionally organized and readily available, I will answer your questions, simplify procedures, and help you understand what to expect. This is often one of the most stressful points in a client’s life and through empathetic listening and years of experience, I can effectively help a client who seems overwhelmed.
Every case is unique and rewarding in its own right. Our family law team is dedicated to excellence to achieve the best results for clients.
- B.S., Paralegal Studies, Minnesota State University–Moorhead, 1994, Dean’s List
- Previously worked in civil litigation (medical and legal malpractice) and criminal litigation. Notably, assisted with a criminal case that received local and national media coverage.