When clients seek family law services, they are typically in an extremely difficult and stressful situation with many unknowns about their family’s future. I strive to be a center of calm for the clients, whether simply listening to and communicating with a client, improving their argument by collecting facts, working with an expert, or drafting correspondence/pleadings.
As a paralegal with seven years of family law experience, I’m excited to be at Henson Efron, learning from the best in the business. Here, I’m able to take my extensive knowledge of family law in Minnesota and improve the way I serve clients.
I enjoy working with clients to identify their goals in their case and identifying the necessary steps to achieve those goals. My strengths include being an active, empathic, non-judgmental ear for our clients, and being proactive. I am also an organized and detail-oriented multitasker, possessing strong written and oral communication and investigative skills. It all comes into play when communicating with clients, courts, mediators, experts, and others in the legal process.
The services I provide for my clients include the following:
- draft pleadings for all levels and types of family cases (dissolutions, custody matters, child support matters, orders for protection, harassment/restraining orders, 3rd party custody matters; adoptions, CHIPs cases)
- draft informal and formal discovery requests and responses; review discovery responses and draft deficiency letters
- calculate, prepare and analyze budgets, income, spousal maintenance and child support
- prepare property division spreadsheets and analysis
- assist with social evaluations or financial valuations
- prepare for mediations, settlement conferences, and trial
- draft pre-trial and post-trial submissions and post-decree pleadings